It’s almost here. Time is running short to get everything in order. Only 102 days left before you arrive at the Summit for an exciting 10 days of fun and adventure.
Upon your arrival, we know you will want to get the boring stuff out of the way as quickly as possible so you can get to the fun stuff. Here is how you can help make that happen.
* Medical forms are due by April 15, 2013.
- Access the medical form from the dashboard of your Summit account.
* Participants need to register their activity preferences by May 14.
- Access the activity scheduler from the dashboard of your Summit account just above the medical form link.
* Have your current straight-on headshot photo uploaded in your Summit account by April 30.
- Photos should be similar in nature to a passport or driver’s license photo. Please avoid using photos with anyone or anything else visible or photos taken from a distance. Review your photo and update it as needed.
Now let’s talk about that photo. The photo will be printed on your 2013 National Scout Jamboree keepsake credential. The credentials are basically a driver’s license size and style so the more direct, one on one the photo is, the better. The photos of your pet, of you participating in your favorite sport, with your best friend, wearing a hat, full body shot to show your cool new shoes, or wearing a clown nose are just not going to print very well on your credential. Stand directly in front of the camera approximately an arm’s length away or just a little more and snap the picture. Don’t forget to smile first!