The following was sent to Jamboree participants by National on March 7, 2013:
Are you ready to “Go Big and Get Wild!” in just 129 days? The 2013 National Jamboree is right around the corner and we are getting ready for your arrival.
To get your jamboree experience started off right, we want to ensure that your check-in is as fast and seamless as possible. However, in order to do that your assistance is needed. All of your required tasks must be successfully completed in advance of your arrival. Incomplete tasks will result in delayed check-ins, long lines, and a lengthy process.
Please make sure the following are completed by the deadlines stated below:
* Medical forms are due by April 15, 2013.
- Access the medical form from the Dashboard of your Summit account.
* Participants need to register their activity preferences.
- Access the activity scheduler from the Dashboard of your Summit account just above the medical form link.
* Leaders must have completed BSA Adult Leader or BSA Venturing Leader Youth Protection training within one year of the last day of the jamboree.
- Complete the training appropriate for the category in which you are attending the jamboree. Be sure to carry verification with you at all times.
* Current straight-on head-shot photo uploaded in your Summit account by April 15. Photos should be similar in nature to a passport or driver’s license photo. Please avoid using photos with anyone or anything else visible or photos taken for a distance. Review your photo and update it as needed.
To access your medical form or the activity scheduler, log in to your Summit account at www.bsajamboree.org and select the “Dashboard” option that appears when you hover over “2013 Jamboree.” This will take you to the dashboard of your application. The link to the medical form will be found on the top left side of the dashboard page with the activity scheduler button being located just above that. It takes both links just a few seconds to populate after you have logged in.
After making a copy of the medical form for your records, the completed form should be mailed to:
Boy Scouts of America
P.O. Box 152010
Irving, Texas 75015
PERSONAL & CONFIDENTIAL
Please keep in mind any deadlines or requirements that your local council may need your assistance with as well.
Should you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.